GLOW - the Xmas Disco 2021 (Y3/4 and Y5/6)
Time & Location
What you need to know
What is it?
A GLOW disco - music, dancing and fun!
Where is it held?
In the main hall. There are two sessions:
- 4.15pm to 5.15pm - for EYFS and years 1-2
- 5.30pm to 6.45pm - for years 3-6
How much does it cost?
It costs £5 per child - which includes snacks and treats, unlimited squash, and the obligatory neon paint! Re-usable glow sticks are available to buy for £2 on our website and will also be available to buy on the day.
How can I help?
We'd welcome cake, fruit and treat donations (though no nuts or strawberries allowed, as we have allergic children) - these need to be pre-packaged so we know what's in them and we'd encourage gluten free options too. These can be dropped off at reception any time from Wednesday 1 December right up until the disco. Also, please let us know if you can help out on the day, as the event can't run without your help (you just need to fill out the relevant box when you register your child online).
What else do I need to know?
- Wristbands for those with tickets will be given out in class on the day. Children must wear them on arrival or bring proof of purchase.
- You'll need to drop off children at the doors of the main hall - you'll need to take any coats home as we have nowhere to store them.
- If it is your child's first disco and arrival is a little overwhelming, then they can use the doors to the small dining hall, which are quieter and less busy (and we usually have a foundation class teacher to greet them).
- Pick up is from the main hall. It will take some time because we need to make sure that the children are being picked up by the appropriate adult.
- For those who attend afterschool club: EYFS/Y1/Y2 will need to be collected from afterschool club, unless Loretta is otherwise advised. Y3/4/5/6 will be taken to the disco from afterschool club.
- No mobile phones - the same school hours rules apply.